Dayton v. Kennedy

Returning Senator Mark Dayton to the Ranks of the Idle Rich in 2006

11/18/2004

"Shooting at 60"

As noted yesterday, Norm Coleman came up a vote short in his quest to head the NRSC. Graciously, Sen. Coleman promised to do whatever he could do to assist Elizabeth Dole in reaching the coveted 60 seat mark.

Was that Senator Dayton we saw breathing a sigh of relief? Remarkably, Dayton stumbled into the truth here: "It's preferable, from my standpoint, not to have my fellow colleague engaged full-time in an endeavor to defeat me," Dayton said. But "it's not going to materially affect the effort to defeat me. I know whomever is in that position has an institutional role to perform."

Just like the hangman has an "institutional role to perform".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home