Dayton v. Kennedy

Returning Senator Mark Dayton to the Ranks of the Idle Rich in 2006

1/22/2005

$

Hotakainen, cont.

And then there's the money problem. Dayton, who financed his own campaign in 2000 has said he will not do the same in 2006. As a result, he does not have the necessary donor base in place.

The Senator musters some lucidity in his prediction that Republicans and third-party groups like the Club for Growth will spend $30 million to $40 million to defeat him. DvK documented Dayton's money problems several days ago. While Hotakainen documents the modest $1.3 million Dayton raised last year, his "burn rate" was .com-like. He ended the year with just $177,000 banked.

Dayton bravely contends, "I wouldn't go into this if I didn't know that I have to raise a lot of money, and I will raise whatever amount of money I need to win". And evidence shows he will say whatever he needs to say in order to raise that money.

Cont.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home