Dayton v. Kennedy

Returning Senator Mark Dayton to the Ranks of the Idle Rich in 2006

2/19/2005

Another Senate Prospect Declines to Run

Ok, this time it's not at all surprising, but it is extremely amusing.

James Lileks' Backfence column today notes:

Well, I'm not running for Senate, either. Not that anyone asked. But I want to get that out of the way, since everyone seems to be grabbing a few minutes of spotlight time by lifting their hems and showing a flash of political ankle. It's not that I wouldn't be a great senator. I would. I have more qualifications than Al Franken, inasmuch as I -- what's the phrase I'm looking for? Right: I live in the state I'd like to represent. And unlike Jesse the V, who's also made senatorial rumblings, I am not apt to show up on the Senate floor looking like I based my facial hair on "Pirates of the Caribbean." But I do not want to be a senator. Ever.


-posted by Doug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home